Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /home/manga/public_html/forum/viewtopic.php on line 1405

Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /home/manga/public_html/forum/viewtopic.php on line 1405

Total Manga • Afficher le sujet - f all information upon the commitment.
Magazine Manga ArtZone Espace Cosplay TM Mag Forum Blog Total Manga

Modérateur: Equipe de modération

f all information upon the commitment.

Discutez du Japon, de sa culture, de vos voyages et de sa langue ici même !
Messagede Angel92 le 24 Aoû 2017, 05:24
A win at a national competition is the http://www.cinemakolik.com/graham-gano-jersey-c-1_27.html latest in a string of plaudits for woodworker Joe Morgan.
His "Labyrinth Table" earned praise at the 2017 Veneer Tech Craftsman's Challenge, the 13th annual competition recognizing excellence in veneer woodwork design. The panel of judges involved experts from the fields of woodworking, education and manufacturing.
Competitors included "well-established, professional guys I admire and look up to," said the self-taught craftsman, designer and artist from Park Rapids. "I was completely surprised to win that category. I'm basically an unknown woodworker from northern Minnesota. To have my piece recognized within that circle is pretty special."
Morgan captured first place in the furniture category and received $1,000.
"I've already started to buy more hand tools to explore more options with woodworking and try new things," he said.
Morgan's specialty is marquetry, the art of creating an image using pieces of veneer, a thin decorative covering of fine wood.
The labyrinth pattern on the outer ring of the table comprises 650 pieces, all cut by hand. A marquetry image of an octahedron is inlaid at the center. The 104 pieces for that image were also cut by hand.
"The precision veneer work and optical http://www.dusenadup.com/stephen-curry-jersey-c-1_44.html effects display exceptional craftsmanship," wrote the judge.
Morgan conceived the design a couple years ago. He'd seen the 16-piece, repeating pattern in paintings or using old, stone tiles on Greek tables.
The outer ring of the table was most time-consuming. Morgan labored on it for several months.
"It was wintertime and I really had nothing better to do," he said. "Each piece must be cut the same size. Any little deviation would be noticeable."
The octahedron was inspired by an image on Pinterest.
"I saw it and thought, 'That's kind of cool. I think I could do that in marquetry,'" he recalled.
All told, some 250 to 300 hours went into the table's creation, using only four types of hand precision tools.
"I nicknamed that table 'Patience Test," he said.
"Labyrinth Table" is currently displayed at The Art of Fine Furniture in Rochester. It received the Judge's Award of Excellence and Excellence in Daeshon Hall Authentic Jersey Veneering at the 2017 Northern Woods Exhibition, an annual competition hosted by the Minnesota Woodworkers Guild.
Morgan is using a Region 2 Arts Council grant for his marquetry endeavors and regional art shows. This summer, he exhibited at six art fairs.
Angel92

Messagede Angel92 le 24 Aoû 2017, 05:24
A win at a national competition is the http://www.cinemakolik.com/graham-gano-jersey-c-1_27.html latest in a string of plaudits for woodworker Joe Morgan.
His "Labyrinth Table" earned praise at the 2017 Veneer Tech Craftsman's Challenge, the 13th annual competition recognizing excellence in veneer woodwork design. The panel of judges involved experts from the fields of woodworking, education and manufacturing.
Competitors included "well-established, professional guys I admire and look up to," said the self-taught craftsman, designer and artist from Park Rapids. "I was completely surprised to win that category. I'm basically an unknown woodworker from northern Minnesota. To have my piece recognized within that circle is pretty special."
Morgan captured first place in the furniture category and received $1,000.
"I've already started to buy more hand tools to explore more options with woodworking and try new things," he said.
Morgan's specialty is marquetry, the art of creating an image using pieces of veneer, a thin decorative covering of fine wood.
The labyrinth pattern on the outer ring of the table comprises 650 pieces, all cut by hand. A marquetry image of an octahedron is inlaid at the center. The 104 pieces for that image were also cut by hand.
"The precision veneer work and optical http://www.dusenadup.com/stephen-curry-jersey-c-1_44.html effects display exceptional craftsmanship," wrote the judge.
Morgan conceived the design a couple years ago. He'd seen the 16-piece, repeating pattern in paintings or using old, stone tiles on Greek tables.
The outer ring of the table was most time-consuming. Morgan labored on it for several months.
"It was wintertime and I really had nothing better to do," he said. "Each piece must be cut the same size. Any little deviation would be noticeable."
The octahedron was inspired by an image on Pinterest.
"I saw it and thought, 'That's kind of cool. I think I could do that in marquetry,'" he recalled.
All told, some 250 to 300 hours went into the table's creation, using only four types of hand precision tools.
"I nicknamed that table 'Patience Test," he said.
"Labyrinth Table" is currently displayed at The Art of Fine Furniture in Rochester. It received the Judge's Award of Excellence and Excellence in Daeshon Hall Authentic Jersey Veneering at the 2017 Northern Woods Exhibition, an annual competition hosted by the Minnesota Woodworkers Guild.
Morgan is using a Region 2 Arts Council grant for his marquetry endeavors and regional art shows. This summer, he exhibited at six art fairs.
Angel92

Messagede Angel92 le 24 Aoû 2017, 07:56
No team is headed in more directions than http://www.hssmstore.com/cameron-artispayne-jersey-c-1_40.html the Miami Marlins right now.
Despite the nightly heroics of Giancarlo Stanton and the honor of hosting this year’s All-Star Game, it has been a hazy season in the all-encompassing purgatory that is the majority of the National League East. Because as it has been for nearly a decade, the Marlins remain one of baseball’s most consistent underachievers.
Amid the dependable struggles, there is finally reason for legitimate hope in South Beach. I'm not talking the type of "wait for the other shoe to drop" type of hope that Jeffrey Loria (more on him later) is known for, but legitimate, sincere hope. Despite the roller-coaster of despair that has surrounded the team, the biggest story of the year in Miami is not floating along to another seemingly inevitable sub-.500 finish. Nor is it even Stanton’s one-man home run derby down the stretch. Rather, it is the process that begins in earnest to rehab the bruised legacy of the Marlins.
It has been 15 years since the Marlins last http://www.yadeos.com/daryl-worley-jersey-c-1_12.html made the postseason, when they won the 2003 World Series in the first year of Loria’s oversight. They have not posted a .500 record since 2009, a year before Stanton made his Major League Baseball debut. Only once since moving into Marlins Park has the team finished higher than 27th in attendance, which was a so-so 18th in the first year of the stadium’s existence.
Now, the pressure to turn that all around falls on the shoulders of Miami’s newest white knight of optimism, Derek Jeter, in his reinvented media mogul self. Jeter’s next trick could be his greatest: reviving one of baseball’s most thoroughly lost franchises in the image of excellence that has become synonymous with his name.
As the new ownership group prepares to take the reins of the organization, the Marlins find themselves in desperate need of a reset. Jeter is preparing to be more than just the face of his new club, but also a liberator looking to free the team from the clutches of Loria. No owner in baseball has caused more comprehensive damage than Loria did during his 15-year run. Deploying a notoriously fickle, vindictive, overly frugal and misleading decision-making style, Loria found some incredibly egregious ways to make the people of Miami rue his existence. This included firing the National League Manager of Jorge Posada Youth Jersey the Year in Joe Girardi for daring to disagree with him — the first of seven managers Loria axed. (Not to mention the two-pronged error in the case of naming general manager Dan Jennings on-field manager midseason, despite Jennings having no prior in-game execution experience prior to his appointment.)
Angel92

Messagede Angel92 le 24 Aoû 2017, 08:53
The focus during this draft was http://www.armacan.com/christian-mccaffrey-jersey-c-1_19.html clearly on the offensive side of the ball and helping franchise quarterback Cam Newton. In the first round, the Panthers selected running back Christian McCaffrey with the eighth overall pick and followed it up with wide receiver Curtis Samuel and tackle Taylor Moton in the second.
After these picks, Gettleman drafted pass rusher Daeshon Hall before selecting fullback Alex Armah in the sixth round. The final pick was history making as the Panthers drafted a kicker for the first time in franchise history with the selection of Harrison Butker.
This is how the 2017 NFL Draft class has http://www.officialpiratessale.com/josh-harrison-jersey-c-1_11.html performed this preseason and what to expect going forward.
Angel92

Messagede Angel92 le 24 Aoû 2017, 10:18
You might think an NFL player who was born http://www.officialredsprostore.com/joe-morgan-jersey-c-1_2.html and raised in Nashville and played his college ball at Vanderbilt might be fired up, just a little, that his first preseason game this year comes against the team from his hometown.
But Wes Johnson calls Florham Park and East Rutherford his hometowns now.
"Those guys," the Jets center said with a smile about the Tennessee Titans, the Jets' Saturday opponents, as he sampled one of the training staff's orange cream protein shakes after today's practice. "Yeah, it's cool. But no, it doesn't really mean anything extra to me. I'm a Jet, proud to be a Jet."
Besides, Johnson is more focused on his tasks at hand, which are competing for the center job this year with Jonotthan Harrison and helping the Green & White be the best they can be once they head to Buffalo for the opener that counts on Sept. 10.
"It's going well," Johnson said. "The competition's tight, but we're all out there battling."
Johnson did well starting eight of the last nine games for the injured Nick Mangold last season. This offseason the Jets brought in Harrison, who played in 44 of the Colts' past 48 regular-season games, starting 23 — 19 starts coming at center in 2014-15, four at LG last season.
As head coach Todd Bowles said Thursday http://www.officialredssale.com/joey-votto-jersey-c-1_20.html about the center spot, "It's up for grabs."
Johnson got ready for the battle before reporting for training camp by working on his size and speed.
"I put a little more focus on football technique work, and I got bigger and faster," he said. "Yeah, I am bigger, about 310 right now, which is a bit heftier than I've been in the past."
Johnson likes being a member of this transitional offensive line, which parted ways with Mangold and Breno Giacomini but added veterans Kelvin Beachum and Harrison.
"I think we're great," he said of his unit. "I love it. I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. The group works very well together, and we all play hard."
As for those three quarterbacks lining up behind him, who does he like there? Well, Johnson, being a fourth-year veteran from Vandy, knows not to go around publicly picking his favorite QB candidate. But he did have positive takes on Josh McCown, Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty after the Jets had their last big practice before the opener.
"They've all done a great job. I've been really proud of all of 'em," he said. "Josh brings the juice every single day. And Hack and Bryce Gary Sanchez Kids Jersey aren't walking on eggshells. They're very comfortable in the offense, in the system, and they're not afraid to make mistakes. I've been really proud of those two for that."
Angel92

Messagede Angel92 le 24 Aoû 2017, 10:52
There's no way to watch Roberto Aguayo and not feel sympathy.
Because it's painful. It really is.
Two years ago he was being hailed as the http://www.ky-oo32.com/derek-anderson-jersey-c-1_31.html greatest kicker in college football history - and it wasn't hyperbole either. He won the Lou Groza Award as a freshman in 2013 and then had an even better year in 2014, making a ridiculous number of clutch kicks for the Seminoles on their way to another unbeaten regular season.
He finished his NCAA career as the most accurate kicker ever (267 of 276 total kicks in a Florida State uniform) and never missed from inside 40 yards, which is why the Tampa Bay Buccaneers drafted in him in the second round of the 2016 draft. They thought they were getting Mr. Automatic - a player they could pencil into the kicker spot for the next decade and a half.
Instead they let him go after one season, becoming (I have to imagine) the first second-rounder ever to be cut on an episode of Hard Knocks. And if you saw that scene last week you couldn't help but feel awful for the guy.
And if you watched Aguayo's 49-yard attempt for the Chicago Bears (they claimed him the day after he was released by Tampa Bay) on Saturday night you realized the guy's career could legitimately be over.
Because it looked like it came off the foot of someone who was new to the sport. It started out low and toward the left goal post. By the time it hit the ground it had somehow missed wide right. I'm not sure I've ever seen a kick with that trajectory before. Like an awful slice in golf.
It was ugly. And it once again begged the question: What in the world happened to Roberto?
Here's the answer: He lost every last bit of his confidence. When he was at Florida State, the kid didn't just think he was great. He knew he was. He wasn't just confident, he was cocky. And brash. Maybe more so than any kicker I've ever seen.
He admitted he wanted to be the best kicker of all time. He talked about never missing again. He talked like Deion. And he more than backed it up.
Clark: The G.O.A.T. has a nice ring to it
He was almost perfect as a freshman in 2013, but it was during his sophomore season at Florida State that I thought he was the best kicker I'd ever seen. It wasn't just that he made virtually every one he attempted, but it was the http://www.ochomesnloans.com/curtis-samuel-jersey-c-1_11.html way he made them. Right down the middle. Every. Time.
You got the feeling the goal posts could be 4 feet apart and he'd still split them.
He wasn't quite as good as a junior, missing five kicks and having a few more barely sneak in, but the Bucs drafted him in the second round anyway.
And that, in my opinion, is where it fell apart for Aguayo.
Trying to be a kicker in the NFL is tough enough. So many jobs are on the line if you miss kicks, including your own, that the pressure can be overwhelming for a rookie in that position. Then throw in the fact that a team traded up in the second round to draft you, which is way, way, way too high for a kicker, and that pressure intensifies even more.
Even with all that backlash though I thought Aguayo would handle it. I just thought he was so confident in his abilities, so consistently good at FSU, that he'd laugh off the pressure and hype and just keep splitting uprights like Jay Prosch Youth Jersey he'd always done.
But confidence is a funny thing. Once you lose it, it can be almost impossible to get it back. Even when you're the greatest kicker in college football history.
Mark Wohlers will always have a special place in my heart because he recorded the last three outs of the 1995 World Series - which was the only championship we Atlanta sports fans ever got to celebrate until the 2017 Super Bowl (I stopped watching after Lady Gaga's halftime show but obviously I assume my Falcons held on).
Wohlers blew a World Series game the following year to the Yankees. Then two years later, inexplicably, he forgot how to throw a strike. In 20 innings for the Braves in 1998 he walked 33 batters.
A flame-throwing closer that got three straight outs in a 1-0 game in the World Series all the sudden couldn't get the ball to home plate in a regular season game in May. He just lost it. And never truly regained it, finishing his career in the American League as a middling middle reliever.
The lack of confidence crashed his career.
And that's what I worry about with Aguayo. Things have gotten so bad - he was cut on national television and then had a horrific miss for his new team - that there might not be any coming back.
It's not that he can't make it in the league. There have been plenty of guys who have been cut initially - including two former FSU kickers in Graham Gano and Dustin Hopkins - who came back to have solid NFL careers.
But those guys weren't second-round picks. Those guys didn't have the label of "bust" slapped on them one year after being drafted. And those guys weren't slicing 7-irons like Aguayo did on Saturday night for the Bears.
It was hard to watch. All of this has been Andrew Adams Kids Jersey actually. Because he was so good at Florida State that it seems impossible that this is the same guy. That it's the same right leg.
But quite honestly, because sports can be cruel and unforgiving, there's a chance we might not see that guy ever again.
What made Aguayo the best college kicker of all time was a mix of incredible talent and supreme confidence.
The talent is still in there. Hopefully the confidence reappears before it's too late.
Angel92

Messagede Angel92 le 25 Aoû 2017, 05:30
Playing a pickup game in the backyard with the Schmidts wasn’t just football, it was foreshadowing.
Ben, a freshman, is set to make his http://www.yadeos.com/chris-scott-jersey-c-1_45.html varsity debut at quarterback Friday night for Homer-Center when the Wildcats play host to Purchase Line.
And wide to either his left or right will be older brother, Nick.
“He’s been handling it well,” Nick said. “I’ve been talking to him about it at home, and that first play under the lights is going to be intense, but he does really well under pressure. I’ve been with him most of my life, obviously, and I’ve seen how good he can be. I’m proud of him.”
It will be the first time the two play together at the high school level, but certainly not the first time they’ve lined up together for a football game. And some of the other seniors, too, for that matter.
“There’s been a lot of chemistry because my friends would come over, and he’s always been our all-time quarterback when we play backyard football,” Nick said. “We’ve been throwing with each other in the backyard since I was
8 years old. So yeah, we know he can throw, and even though we’re older than him, we’re comfortable with him.”
“I’ve always been QB, even when we played at home,” Ben said. “I’ve always had a knack for throwing the football. There’s no position I’d rather play.”
BONDED BACKFIELD: Growing up, Aaron Sheeder never envisioned catching passes and taking handoffs from his younger brother of two years, Sam, at the varsity level.
But in the offseason, Sam proved to Ligonier Valley coach Roger Beitel that he had the skill set needed to take over at quarterback in place of the graduated Collin Smith, who threw an area-record 42 touchdowns last year.
So rather than back up his older brother at running back, Sam will call his plays.
“It’s definitely a special thing to http://www.arimtex.com/brett-gardner-jersey-c-1_28.html happen, and it’s something I never thought would happen when I was playing midgets and junior high ball,” he said. “My brother has one of the best work ethics, and he really puts his heart into it. He takes me home and starts drawing plays up on the board and tells me what I screwed up that day, so he’s good at mentoring, even though he’s a little brother.”
ON FILM: Indiana has been fortunate at the kicker position in recent years, both in scouting and availability.
Coach John Allen will once again throw fresh and inexperienced legs into the spotlight only to watch them graduate in the spring, but while the Indians rely on a new specialist to put the ball through the uprights in 2017, they hope they have also found a mainstay and place kicker of the future.
Noah Finegan, who also participates in track and field at Indiana, is making his varsity debut this season and stepping into the shoes of former Indians kicker Tyler Mulac after also following in his footsteps during the offseason. Finegan video recorded himself kicking field goals over the summer and sent the film to the Indians’ coach with hopes of earning a chance to make the team. And without Mulac on the roster, Snyder granted Finegan an opportunity to claim the role.
“Again we’ve been blessed to have these kickers that like to video themselves kicking and then send it to me and say, ‘Coach, can I kick?’” Snyder said. “Noah Finegan has decided he wants to kick for us, and he did the same thing has Tyler last year and sent me videos and had his buddies videotape him. He’s kicking around 25- 30-yard field goals right now — and if we can’t get the ball down there and let him take over, we have a bigger problem — so we’re excited about that.”
Finegan, a 5-foot-7, 175-pound senior, joins a Andrew Norwell Youth Jersey team that averaged 277.6 yards and 25.2 points per game last season. In 2016, Mulac made 25 of 28 extra points and went 4 of 4 in field goal attempts.
Angel92

Messagede Angel92 le 25 Aoû 2017, 09:25
To the delight of their fans, legendary http://www.officialpiratessale.com/john-jaso-jersey-c-1_10.html group En Vogue has teamed up with fashion line Ashley Stewart for the #ImGoodChallenge.
Fans can rock out to En Vogue’s new song “I’m Good” from their forthcoming album Electric Cafe and enter for a chance to win a trip to the contest finale in New York City for a special performance by En Vogue and a chance to meet the group!
Post a video on your public Instagram and be sure to include #ImGoodChallenge in the caption. Enter now through August 27th.
GRAND PRIZE
One fan will win a trip to MEET EN VOGUE at the Finding Ashley Stewart finale at the King’s Theater in Brooklyn!
SECOND PRIZE
Two fans will receive a swag bag with En Vogue memorabilia and a $100 Ashley Stewart gift card!
Winners will have the opportunity to walk the pink carpet with HOT 97.1 radio host TT Torrez and join the party as we celebrate Brooklyn, women’s empowerment and community with hot performances by the award winning group En Vogue, Brooklyn United Drumline, Xinos Step Team, and dancing sensation Amanda LaCount. This star-studded event will include special appearances by NFL legend Carl Banks, Miss USA 2013 Erin Brady, WNBA star Kym Hampton, Full Figured Fashion Week Founder Gwen Devoe and http://www.officialredsprostore.com/ken-griffey-jersey-c-1_27.html many more! Presented by leading fashion brand Ashley Stewart, so be sure to dress to impress. All net ticket proceeds are being donated to Dress for Success.
Angel92

Messagede Angel92 le 25 Aoû 2017, 10:15
HOUSTON — Tom Brady made http://www.officialredssale.com/johnny-cueto-jersey-c-1_30.html quick use of his explosive new target Saturday night in his preseason debut.
Brady, playing in his first game as a 40-year-old, completed his first pass of the game to wide receiver Brandin Cooks for a 7-yard gain. Cooks had 31 connections with Brady during training camp, which was third most on the team, but this was their first chance to hook up in a slightly more intense environment since the Patriots acquired Cooks in an offseason trade with the New Orleans Saints.
And while Brady figures to find a groove with the speedy Cooks on plenty of deep balls, the quick out route against the Houston Texans was an example that the 23-year-old receiver is much more than a one-trick pony.
The pair hooked up to beat cornerback Kevin Johnson for the gain, which also marked a difference from the 2016 season when the Texans’ top corner, A.J. Bouye, was able to essentially take away that side of the field. It was especially true in the playoff meeting between the Patriots and Texans.
Bouye left in free agency for the http://www.rd-corp.com/lou-gehrig-jersey-c-1_16.html Jacksonville Jaguars, and Johnson, the Texans’ first-round pick in 2016, is back from an injury that ended his rookie season. Johnson is expected to be the Texans’ best cornerback this season.
Brady looked like himself in his short outing against the Texans, though his offensive line struggled against a sturdy defensive front. He had to throw away a pass on his initial drop back because of quick pressure.
After Cooks’ catch set up third-and-3, Brady recognized James White was isolated against safety Eddie Pleasant in the left flat and quickly dumped the ball off. White’s stutter step was enough to create space for a 4-yard gain and a first down. Similar to the last time the Patriots played at NRG Stadium, where they beat the Falcons in the Super Bowl, Brady went to White when it counted.
But the offensive line was the culprit for a scoreless opening drive. Center David Andrews got blown up by J.J. Watt, who stopped Rex Burkhead for a 2-yard loss on second-and-2. Brady then felt a closing pocket on both sides and tried to fit the ball into a tight window to Julian Edelman along the right sideline, but Edelman’s diving bid wasn’t enough to make the catch.
Brady’s second series got off to an J.J. Jansen Kids Jersey ominous start when he underthrew a long pass down the right sideline to wide receiver Chris Hogan. Safety Andre Hal was initially awarded an interception, but the ruling was overturned because Hal only got one foot down inbounds.
Angel92

Messagede Angel92 le 25 Aoû 2017, 11:03
NFL training camps are all open and the preseason is underway. Over the next couple of weeks, we’re going to break down http://www.ochomesnloans.com/charles-johnson-jersey-c-1_34.html which offseason moves were the best at each position. We’ve already looked at quarterback, running back, wide receiver, tight end and the offensive line. Now in the interest of equal time, it’s time to check out the other side of the football. We began with the defensive ends earlier this week. Now we move onto the defensive tackles.
But first things first: Who’s still available for a team looking to fortify this area?
Who’s Still Out There?
It’s that time of the summer when the pickings are slim. Veteran Jonathan Babineaux was not re-signed by the Atlanta Falcons and remains available. Meanwhile, Dan Williams and Sen’Derrick Marks were released this offseason by the Oakland Raiders and Jacksonville Jaguars, respectively. And, journeyman Paul Soliai was let go by the Carolina Panthers. All could fill roles and add depth to a defensive front.
5. Domata Peko, Denver Broncos
While the Denver Broncos feature one of the more fearsome defensive units in the league, you would not have been able to tell that from the team’s performance against the run in 2016. Only the San Francisco 49ers, Cleveland Browns, Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills allowed more yards per game on the ground than Denver this past season.
Enter Peko, who was a solid performer alongside Geno Atkins with the Cincinnati Bengals. He should help this area of the Denver defense improve significantly. The Broncos also signed Zach Kerr, most recently of the Indianapolis Colts. But the veteran—Peko—is the headliner here.
4. Timmy Jernigan, Philadelphia Eagles
After finishing at or near the bottom of the league in numerous defensive categories during the final year of the Chip Kelly Era, these Birds began to make some strides under new coordinator Jim Schwartz. But that hasn’t stopped GM Howie Roseman from adding even more talent. This offseason, there was the signing of defensive end Chris Long. Also, the team used a first-round pick on defensive end Derek Barnett, who enjoyed quite the preseason debut at Green Bay. Even more recently, the Eagles acquired http://www.firestormkennel.com/sio-moore-jersey-c-1_42.html cornerback Ronald Darby in a trade from the Buffalo Bills.
Jernigan also came via a deal, this one with the Baltimore Ravens. Pairing him at defensive tackle with star Fletcher Cox should open a lot of things up for Doug Pederson’s improving squad.
3. Dontari Poe, Atlanta Falcons
We will not bring up what happened to Dan Quinn’s club in Houston six months ago. But, we will point out that despite having the NFL sack leader at their disposal, the Atlanta Falcons still managed a mediocre 34 quarterbacks traps. Nearly half of those (15.5) came from former defensive end turned outside linebacker Vic Beasley. Still, this is a unit that needs more help in this regard. Therefore, the addition of the two-time Pro Bowler from Kansas City can’t hurt. Poe isn’t necessarily an answer when it comes to stopping the run, though. Still, teaming him with the emerging Grady Jarrett (3 sacks in Super Bowl LI) may add up to some good things for the defending NFC champions.
2. Johnathan Hankins, Indianapolis Colts
Under new GM Chris Ballard, the Colts spent free agency and the draft upgrading the front seven. The addition of the former New York Giants’ defensive tackle was a big-time plus. Dominating inside will make this a better run defense and also make life easier for new outside linebackers such as Jabaal Sheard, John Simon and Barkevious Mingo. In 2016, the Colts finished a dismal 30th in the league in total defense, including 25th versus the run. Add in a total of 33 sacks and a disappointing 17 takeaways, and this has been a problem-plagued unit for far too long. The signing of Hankins came relatively late in free agency, but he will prove to be worth the wait.
1. Chris Baker, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The idea of pairing one of the more underappreciated defensive linemen in the league with a perennial Pro Bowler has to make coordinator Mike Smith and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ Head Coach a little giddy. This improving team went out and spent their money well on Baker, who can line up at various spots and should help Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Youth Jersey the club improve the league’s 22nd-ranked run defense of a year ago. Baker will help there, but that’s not all. In 2016, the Bucs were among the NFL leaders with 29 takeaways—27 of those during the club’s 8-4 finish. Baker should help push the pocket a little more and should aid the cause of McCoy as well as promising pass-rusher Noah Spence.
So what do you think? Which moves at defensive tackle were the best this NFL Offseason? Sound off below!
Angel92

Messagede Angel92 le 26 Aoû 2017, 03:04
David Scully knows all about what Georgia Tech kickers Shawn Davis and Brenton King have gone through as they’ve competed with http://www.texansprosale.com/alfred-blue-jersey-c-1_25.html each other to be the Yellow Jackets’ starting kicker.
Sensing (or hearing) frustration from teammates when they fail on kicks that could have saved them from running. Having every kick scrutinized. And the pressure personally applied by coach Paul Johnson.
“He would literally be not four inches off my plant foot,” Scully said. “You could feel him staring.”
Scully walked on as a freshman in 2009 and redshirted that season. He got into two games as a redshirt freshman and then dueled Justin Moore for playing time in 2011 and 2012. He took care of the kickoffs in 2011 and then handling kickoffs and sharing field goals in 2012. Johnson put him on scholarship in 2012 for his on-field contributions.
He earned that playing time by surviving the cauldron that was the competition in practice, both preseason and into the season. Scully was fortunate in that he and Moore had a friendly competition, one in which each supported the other and made sure the other’s form was sound, but still pushed each other.
“That was something that I can only praise him for,” Scully said. “He made me a better kicker, and I made him a better kicker.”
He said he didn’t recall being nervous, but he always had to be vigilant about what he was thinking.
“I would let one thought get into my http://www.cinemakolik.com/kurt-coleman-jersey-c-1_7.html head, and it would throw me off,” Scully said. “It would kind of stagger my confidence.”
If that happened while he was lined up to kick, he said, and there wasn’t time to step away and re-focus, “you’re flirting with disaster. I never had a lack of confidence in my ability. If I did, it would be the absolute death of me.”
At the time, Tech had a coach specifically for special teams, Dave Walkosky, so the specialists always were under watch.
“We would chart (kicks) once a day, but no rep really went unnoticed, especially if we were going with a full operation” with the snapper, holder and kicker, Scully said.
The constant competition and comparison made it easy to lose focus, which is particularly dangerous at a position that requires concentration and mental strength.
“Even if I go 9-for-10, I don’t want the guy in front of me going 10 for 10,” he said. But, “if I’m thinking about the guy going 10-for-10, I’m going to go 7-for-10.”
Occasionally during camp, Johnson put kickers (and snappers and holders) under the gun, with conditioning sprints for the team riding on the outcome of a field-goal try. It was great when Scully made them, not as much when he didn’t. The feedback wasn’t always constructive.
“You just don’t want to hear that,” Scully said. “The Star Lotulelei Authentic Jersey response you get (after missing) from your teammates is almost worse than the response you get from your coaches. Your teammates, those are your friends. You’ve got to live with that.”
Angel92

Messagede Angel92 le 26 Aoû 2017, 04:13
HAGATNA (GUAM):Guam residents http://www.yadeos.com/andy-lee-jersey-c-1_41.html received a jolt on Tuesday after two radio stations accidentally issued emergency warnings to indicate an imminent threat or attack, at a time when the US territory is already on edge over North Korean threats to fire missiles into nearby waters.
Several listeners were reported to have called police after the stations triggered the Emergency Alert Broadcast System, issuing "a civil danger" warning at 12:25 am that was later confirmed to be a mistake.
North Korea had said it would finalise plans by mid-August on whether to fire missiles at Guam in response to "fire and fury" threats from US President Donald Trump.
But Pyongyang's official Korean Central http://www.arimtex.com/didi-gregorius-jersey-c-1_29.html News Agency (KCNA) on Tuesday reported that Kim Jong-un had examined the plans but made no move towards an immediate strike.
"Residents and visitors are reminded to remain calm," said Guam's homeland security adviser George Charfauros. "There is no change in threat level, we continue business as usual."
Homeland Security confirmed in a statement that the "unauthorised test was not connected to any emergency, threat or warning" and it was working with the radio stations "to ensure the human error will not occur again".
Kim on Tuesday hinted he would hold off on the missile strike, saying he would "watch a little more the foolish and stupid conduct of the Duane Brown Authentic Jersey Yankees spending a hard time of every minute of their miserable lot".
Angel92

Messagede Angel92 le 26 Aoû 2017, 06:00
Graham Gano converted his only FG http://www.newjersey1861.com/phil-mcconkey-jersey-c-1_45.html attempt from 31 yards and knocked in his only extra point attempt in preseason action against the Jaguars.
Fantasy Impact
Originally projected to lose the kicking battle by many, Gano may be in the lead against rookie Harrison Butker. Carolina's offense could be lucrative for whichever kicker wins the job. Gano is worth watching on the waiver wire, as Butker seems to be the one on rosters now for fantasy. If you draft Butker, do so only in the last round http://www.officialpiratessale.com/john-jaso-jersey-c-1_10.html and drop him for Gano if Gano wins the job.
Angel92

Messagede Angel92 le 26 Aoû 2017, 08:22
The Georgia Tech secondary, which was http://www.officialredsprostore.com/joe-morgan-jersey-c-1_2.html forced to field a group of young players three years ago, has grown into one of the most experienced groups on the team. Most of the starters have at been starting for at least two years, leaving many observers to believe it could be the strength of the defense.
“We’ve got a lot of guys back, and I feel like we can be a strong point,” senior cornerback Lance Austin said. “But I feel like the D-line will be strong, the linebackers will be strong … We just have to play as one unit.”
The returning starters are Lance Austin and Step Durham at cornerback, Lawrence Austin at nickel, Corey Griffin at strong safety and A.J. Gray at free safety.
“I’m excited,” Lance Austin said. “We grinded all offseason. It was one of the hardest summers since I’ve been here. We have high hopes for the season, and we’re ready for it to get here.”
Gray added, “I think we can do more. Everybody knows how everybody plays. I think there are going to b areas where we can overlap with experience.”
Lance Austin, a senior, has played in 37 games, including all 13 as the starter in 2016. He was the ACC Defensive Back of the Week twice last year, when he had a 24-yard interception return for a touchdown against Virginia and intercepted a pass against Georgia in the waning moments to set up the Yellow Jackets’ winning touchdown. He had three interceptions and 50 tackles.
His twin brother Lawrence, also a senior, has more starting experience. He has played in 39 games and started 20 of them. He was the ACC Defensive Back of the Week after coming up with two interceptions and a forced fumble in a crucial road win over Virginia Tech. He had three interceptions in 2016 and has five for his http://www.officialredssale.com/tony-perez-jersey-c-1_21.html career. He had 47 tackles in 2016.
Griffin, a senior, has played 38 games and has 15 starts, including all 13 games last season. He led the team with 82 total tackles, including a team-best 62 solo stops. Griffin had two interceptions and five tackles for loss.
Gray, a junior, has played 23 games and started all 13 games in 2016. He ranked third on the team with 72 total tackles, 55 of them solo stops. He had 4.5 tackles for loss, forced a fumble and recovered a fumble last season.
Durham, a senior, has played in 27 games and made 12 starts, 11 of them last season when he missed two games with an injury. He had six pass breakups and had a career-high six tackles against Kentucky in the TaxSlayer Bowl.
“We’ve got some experienced guys,” safeties coach Andy McCollum said. “We’re still improving every day.”
McCollum expects to get help from junior Jalen Johnson, sophomore Christian Campbell and Shaun Kagawa, and all three have played a lot on special teams.
“We’ve got some guys who will get some good reps (in fall camp), and we’re going to need that,” McCollum said.
Kicking update: Freshman Brenton King, the favorite to take the job left vacant by the departure of place-kicker Harrison Butker, has been limited by a groin injury. King was only allowed to kick extra points in Saturday’s scrimmage.
Remembering Broyles: Georgia Tech great Frank Broyles, best known as a longtime coach at Arkansas, died at 92. Broyles grew up in Decatur and was a quarterback for head coach Bobby Dodd. Broyles won 10 letters in three sports at the school and was the All-SEC quarterback in 1944 and 1946.
“We mourn the loss of a great Georgia Tech man and offer our condolences to Coach Broyles’ family,” Georgia Tech athletics director Todd Stansbury said.
More than 30 of his former players have Wade Boggs Kids Jersey become college or professional head coaches, including Barry Switzer, Johnny Majors, Joe Gibbs, Hayden Fry and Jimmy Johnson. The Broyles Award was established in 1996 to recognize the top assistant coaches in college football. He was elected to the College Football Hall of Fame in 1983.
Angel92

Messagede Angel92 le 26 Aoû 2017, 09:13
With less than a month to go before the 2017 NFL season starts, the receiver will have to learn a new offense and get into rhythm with a http://www.texansprosale.com/kareem-jackson-jersey-c-1_42.html new set of quarterbacks after being traded last week from the Bills to the Rams.
In baseball or basketball, a newly traded player can usually step into the action with his new team immediately. In football -- where terminology and philosophies can vary significantly from team to team, and where being in sync with your teammates is so crucially important -- it's not so easy to swap squads.
That said, I think it's easier for teams to pull off trades today than it was when I was with the Dallas Cowboys. Teams are putting a lot more resources into pro scouting than they did in my day, meaning pro scouting departments are much better, which leads to greater knowledge among potential trading partners. Combine that with the urgency to win, and trades are just more likely to happen than they once were.
Last week's moves -- Buffalo sent Watkins and a 2018 sixth-round pick to Los Angeles for cornerback E.J. Gaines and a 2018 second-rounder and also traded cornerback Ronald Darby to the Eagles for receiver Jordan Matthews and a 2018 third-rounder -- reminded me of a pair of trades I made in the 1970s. The first: In the 1972 preseason, Roger Staubach went down with an injury, leaving us with just one quarterback, Craig Morton. So we had to make a deal with the Bears to bring in Jack Concannon in August. The second: In 1975, coach Tom Landry walked into my office and declared that he wanted to http://www.armacan.com/ed-dickson-jersey-c-1_25.html trade John Niland away. I asked if he was sure -- Niland was a six-time Pro Bowler -- and Landry said he was, because we had Herb Scott to play behind him. With Scott likely to beat Niland out for a job that year anyway, Landry reasoned, why not try to get some value back for Niland first? So I shipped Niland to Philadelphia that September. Niland played one more year, while Scott played 10 more -- and the player we drafted with the pick we got back for Niland, Tony Hill, was another 10-year player who made a three Pro Bowls.
As for Bills' moves, I think they make sense for all teams involved, at least as it seems now.
The Rams needed to make a splash. If he stays healthy, Watkins can be a big-play machine and inject some serious excitement into Los Angeles' offense. The Eagles, who had a surplus at receiver, added a press-man cover corner in Darby who should thrive in coordinator Jim Schwartz's defense. The Bills got back a corner in Gaines who is probably a better fit for their defense than Darby and a receiver in Matthews who will work hard to make an impact. Importantly, Buffalo also added two picks for next year, further bolstering the team's war chest (the Bills now have six picks in the first Ed Dickson Kids Jersey three rounds) ahead of what is expected to be a strong quarterback draft.
Of course, it's too early to truly evaluate these moves. But it's not too early to take a look back at some prominent late-summer trades from the past few years. Below, I've reviewed and ranked five relatively recent preseason deals that worked out.
Angel92

PrécédenteSuivante

Retourner vers Japon